Augustana Care is a not for profit leader in offering a full continuum of services for aging adults.We have an exciting opportunity at our Castle Peak campus in Eagle, CO, for a Registered Nurse, RN , to be the Director of Health Services. You will oversee clinical services in our Skilled Nursing Facility and Assisted Living. This new campus has 44 skilled nursing beds and 20 assisted living units.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assure that staff unerstand and follow resident care procedures.
- Conduct caregiver meetings and work with DON to schedule ongoing training.
- Create annual employee performance reviews.
- Ensure the administration of medication are in compliance with regulations.
- Provide ongoing supervision and training of caregivers/QMAPs regarding medication distribution.
- Communicate resident changes or problems with physicians.
- Conduct initial readmit, change of condition and annual assessments.
- Chart progress notes in Eldermark when there is a change of condition.
- Communicate dietar needs to the chef and the caregivers upon admission and when there is a change in a resident's needs.
- Document MDS information into the computer.
- Utilize MDS advisor to ensure appropriate RUG scores.
- Enter new admissions MDS's into Matrix including ICD-10 codes into Section 1, per CM Change of status notice.
- Aids case manager with monthly billing logs.
- Foster and enforce compliance with Colorado state regulations and facility policies and procedures.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Possess current licensure to work as a Registered Nurse in the state of Colorado
- 1-2 years experience in long term care and Assisted Living
- Working knowledge of MDS/RAI, RAP's, PPS, RUGS, Care Planning, Casemix and Quality Indicators
- Ability to prioritize, organize and meet deadlines
- Previous supervisor or management experience strongly preferred
- Excellent communication skills
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, PTO, Retirement program and more. To be considered for this position, please apply.
We have locations Minnesota while growing into Colorado. Augustana Care employs over 2,000 employees and partners with more than 1,000 volunteers to serve approximately 6,000 older adults in its combined campuses and community service programs.Learn more about Castle Peak by visiting our website www.castlepeak.org
Augustana Care is an equal employment opportunity / affirmative action employer.