Augustana Care Hastings is currently seeking a FT Cook/Dining Assistant. We are offering a $1,000 retention bonus to newly hired employees who are hired into a FT Cook/Dining Assistant position.
Schedule: Days/Evenings - 6:45am-2:15pm Dining Asst. and 11:45am-7:45pm Cook (72 hours a pay period)
Salary: $11.82-15.26/hour Depending on Experience
- Displays and communicates with an attitude of courtesy and respect to all residents, families, and staff.
- Maintains a clean, sanitized, and organized work environment.
- Works under the direction of Dining Service Director and Supervisor.
- Works within the department to provide quality and nutritious meals and service to residents, guests and employees:
- Functions as a team member with other staff in the performance of all duties.
- Prepares food items needed for meals using recipes and proper cooking/baking techniques.
- Properly plates, portions, and serves all foods and beverages.
- Delivers individual meals to residents in the dining room.Assists residents with their meal – cutting meat, buttering bread, etc.
- Cleans and sanitizes work areas.
- Assists in maintaining adequate stock of all food and supplies needed throughout the department.
- Assists with putting stock away from food deliveries.
- Completes food prep for the next day and assigned cleaning.
- 1-2 years experience in institutional and/or quantity cooking equivalent preferred, but not required.
- Ability to speak and read English
- Basic math skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to follow instruction
- Detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment with others
Meal times and good food will always be a very important part of everyone's lives! Our facility is known for providing amazing customer service to all of those we serve. This position offers an excellent benefits package and retirement plan, PTO, medical, dental, life insurance and more! Please consider joining our team to make a difference in the lives of those we serve!
Augustana Care is a non-profit organization that provides senior housing, health care, and community based services to older generations and others in need and helps residents live the lives that most inspire them. Augustana Hastings Health and Rehabilitation, an affiliate of Augustana Care, is an 80-bed long-term care facility serving Hastings, MN and the surrounding communities.
** If you do not have a resume, please type your job history in "resume field"